Yoga Therapy plays an important role in the treatment strategies of Aura Acupuncture Clinic. We encourage the patients to undergo Yoga therapy as part of treatment follow-ups.
Yoga Therapy is used to prevent recurrence of back pain, neck pain, joint pains, headaches, and fibromyalgia. Also, patients with Anxiety, Depression, Stress, and Parkinsonism get benefits out of it. It is also helpful in the treatment of sexual problems, menstrual disorders, and infertility. Hormonal issues like thyroid also improve by Yoga Therapy. Patients with Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Obesity and Metabolic syndrome should practice Yoga.
Yoga Therapy For Healthy Life
- The ancient Indian scriptures describe Self as Sat Chit Ananda or Being Consciousness Bliss. To attain the higher states of consciousness, only physical health is not enough. The ancient saints or Rishis realized that a healthy body and mind is a must.
- Maharishi Patanjali describes “Vyadhi” or disease. It is one of the nine obstacles to the attainment of higher consciousness. Yoga places great importance on the preservation of physical health. So its methods are a system of medicine in itself.
- The first two parts of Yoga, namely Yama and Niyama are important. They are aimed at the external and internal harmony of an individual. Deviation from these values can cause stress and strain in life. Any departure from this state of well being could be considered as a disease.
- It is Prana that runs our digestive, cardiac and nervous systems. Prana flows in the body through channels called Nadis.
- Asanas and pranayama help to balance the prana in the body. It also helps to remove the energy blocks. So it can improve the functioning all the systems. Asanas bring about flexibility, strength, and balance in the body.
- Yoga can make the breathing slower and deeper. Because it improves the capacity of the lungs. It helps in reducing the blood pressure. Yoga therapy reduces cholesterol and the sugar levels in diabetic patients. As a result, the risks of heart attacks, kidney failures, and blindness reduces.
- It’s prana that maintains the physiology of the body. It improves mental health also. So it leads to greater peace and stability of the mind. We can experience it as a sense of constant well-being.
Meditation As Part Of Yoga Therapy
- Meditation is given as part of yoga therapy. It induces the calmer alpha waves in the brain. We usually experience it during deep relaxation. In addition, it can improve memory, physical coordination, and mental clarity.
- Meditation can increase awareness. Also, it helps in dealing with the negativities of the mind like anger and frustration. This improves the social well-being.
- Also improves relationships. So it makes one strong enough to face all situations in life in a composed way.